Position Title: Channel Sales Representative
Department: Sales & Marketing
Position Reports To: VP Sales & Marketing
Revised: November 2020
ApexConnect, a growing iPaaS solution provider, is a finance, payment and human capital management automation company. Our cloud-based Core Connector Platform™ leverages the latest in business process automation to connect enterprise systems. Using pre-built interfaces with standard and customizable logic sets we can Automate expense, purchase order, invoice, human capital management, document management and payment processes with little to no client IT participation needed.
Having processed $6B of direct and indirect spend for customers, ApexConnect has made over 1100 connections for companies covering three continents. Connecting AP automation platforms to ERP, Accounting, Human Capital Management and Payment Solutions, ApexConnect connects its customers tech stack to eliminate data silos. Although we may talk geek with a vocabulary filled with providers, digital workers, transformations and three letter acronyms such as EDI, ERP, and API; our focus on – “the how and why for customers” is unwavering.
The Channel Sales Representative (CSR) will identify and qualify opportunities within their Channel and consult with America’s businesses, leveraging ApexConnect’s key referral channels to educate stakeholders on our services, and provide consultative solutions to increase market share and drive revenue.
The CSR will contribute to strategies to drive Channel revenues as well as assuming ownership for revenue generation within the assigned channel, as well as the quality and strength of the relationships within them.
The CSR overachieves the software license revenue goals and generates funnel activity at least three times the quota in pipeline opportunity. The CSR does work the channel however we are looking for a “hunter” mentality toward the channel to develop and close software license transactions. They will be responsible for driving opportunities that are based on the value of integrations for our customers. The CSR is expected to be an expert at communicating value in a compelling business case to customers & prospects to achieve assigned quotas.
ApexConnect values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships and meaningful relationships. We look for the CSR to creates and nurtures internal and external executive relationships independently while leveraging internal teams to drive individual and company success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Account and Customer Relationship Management, Sales and Software License, and Cloud Subscription Revenue.
- Annual revenue – Achieve / exceed unit and quota targets.
- Sales strategies – Develops effective and specific channel plans to ensure revenue target delivery and sustainable growth. Develop relationships in various revenue net new and existing customers of the channel to drive qualified leads, pipeline and closed business.
- Trusted advisor – Establishes strong relationships based on knowledge of customer requirements and commitment to value (value of counsel and expertise, the value of solutions, the value of implementation expertise). Builds a foundation on which to harvest future business opportunities and accurate account information and coaching.
- Channel savvy – Collaborate with key referral sources, including channel partner’s regional sales executives, solution consultants, client sales executives and their prospect and customers with the goal of education and consultation to secure the sales for ApexConnect.
- Customer acumen – Actively understand each customer’s technology footprint, growth plans, channel positioning, and competitive landscape.
Demand Generation, Pipeline and Opportunity Management
- Pipeline planning – Follow a disciplined approach to maintaining a rolling pipeline. Keep the pipeline current and moving up the pipeline curve.
- Pipeline partnerships – Leverage support organizations including Marketing, Service Delivery, and partners to develop plans into attainable channel pipeline.
- Hunter mentality: Leverage the Go-to-Market Sales Strategies through the channel to identify customers’ needs and present the ApexConnect solution to key stakeholders and decision makers to increase revenue and market share.
- Channel Lead Flow: Schedule and conduct meetings from the lead flow with the channel sales team or directly with prospects to qualify and drive deal flow.
- Leverage ApexConnect – Be proficient in and bring all ApexConnect offers to bear on sales pursuits.
- Advance and close sales opportunities – through the successful execution of the sales strategy and roadmap.
- Develop and support all ApexConnect efforts to drive results from the channel.
- Sell value.
- Orchestrate resources: deploy appropriate teams to execute winning sales.
- Utilize best practice sales models.
- Understand competition and effectively position solutions against them.
- Collect, complete, and submit all necessary paperwork for new sales within the best interests of ApexConnect business objectives.
- Maintain CRM system with accurate customer and pipeline information.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Demonstrated history of achieving a sales quota in a channel environment of selling cloud-based solutions.
- Hunter mentality with experience working the full cycle of complex channel sales and presenting to Financial buyers.
- When required, address and escalate client and prospect concerns to our Service Partners, and follow-up as necessary to ensure satisfactory resolution.
- May be required to travel for purposes of visiting channel partners, and attending ongoing training, and/or area meetings.
- Upholds and demonstrates the ApexConnect’s Values with every interaction internally and externally.
- Possess the ability and self-motivation to work independently in a remote organizational environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA / BS) or higher strongly preferred
- 3+ years of experience in sales of cloud-based solutions
- Proven track record in business application software sales.
- Experience in the lead role of a team selling environment.
- Demonstrated success with small & mid-sized transactions in a fast-paced, consultative, and competitive market.
- Experience with SAP Concur or a like company a plus
To apply send resume to email@example.com or mail to:
304 West Kirkwood Avenue, Suite 101
Bloomington, IN 47404